Prospects Need Your Help
There are several reasons why taking action and making change happen in today’s work environment may be difficult. Some of the common reasons include the following:
- Resistance to change: People tend to resist change, especially if they are comfortable with the way things are or perceive the change as a threat to their job security or status.
- Lack of communication and involvement: If employees are not involved in the decision-making process or if they are not well-informed about the reasons for the change, they are more likely to resist it.
- Limited resources: Organizational change often requires additional resources such as time, money, and personnel. Limited resources can make it challenging to implement change.
- Bureaucratic obstacles: Complex organizational structures and procedures can make navigating the decision-making process and implementing change challenging.
- Fear of failure: Many people fear failure and are hesitant to take action or make decisions that may lead to adverse outcomes.
- Lack of clear vision and strategy: Without a clear vision and strategy for change, it can be difficult to gain buy-in and support from employees and stakeholders.
- Lack of leadership and accountability: Change initiatives may not be effectively implemented or sustained without solid leadership and accountability.
- Limited flexibility: Many organizations have little flexibility in terms of their processes, systems, and technology and are not able to adapt to new ideas or change quickly.
To overcome these challenges, organizations can engage employees in the change process, communicate the reasons for change, allocate sufficient resources, simplify bureaucratic processes, and provide leadership and accountability for the change effort.
VIDEO: Turn Concepts into Action
Help prospects take action. Help them overcome the barriers they see and engage the world around them. To do that, they need helpful something that leads to taking action.
Think of it this way: What can you help them accomplish? What can you do to help them execute better? Do you know?
VIDEO: The Gap Between Planning and Doing
The gap between planning and doing results from disagreements between our current and future selves. Prospects and customers want to drive the future, but it’s hard to get out of the current situation.
Change in circumstances, preferences, or not enough empathy for our future selves results in this gap.
VIDEO: The Science of Taking Action
Steve has studied with psychologists, sociologists, anthropologists, neuroscientists, and drill sergeants to learn about the science of taking action and what sparks people or holds people back.
VIDEO: Phrases that Influence
You probably like to think of yourself as a rational human being like when you have a decision to make, you take all the information, make a pros and cons list, and add that up to make the best decision possible. But you’re a human being, and the truth of human beings is we are far more irrational than we’d like to admit. Oftentimes, our decisions come down to the most minor foolish things.